Crossroads Irish Dance is expanding our team! Have a love for glitter, fun. music and tutus? Know how to coax a giggle out of a shy toddler? We are looking for someone who is energetic and fun-loving as our students to spread the joy in our dance studio.
Crossroads Irish Dance is a busy studio that serves over 100 dancers each week. We are currently looking to fill an administrative assistant position that is not your average data entry job. The ideal candidate must adore children, have great communication skills, be organized, out-going, self-motivated, and professional. This position will offer support to both our management and our teaching staff in the day to day operations of the dance studio.
As the Customer Care Champion for Crossroads Irish Dance, you’ll be the first point of contact for hundreds of members, responding speedily to all customer issues. As one of our most visible representatives, you’re our brand’s ambassador! Your 6-star customer service will help us to foster happy and loyal customer relationships for years to come.
Applicants must be available weekdays 3:45-9:00pm. Saturday morning availability is a plus! Major holidays you will be off (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day).
We are looking for someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and pitch in to give our dancers a great experience in the studio ! No two days are the same here and whether it is cleaning up slipped juice, hot gluing headpieces or inventorying costumes- you need to be willing to do it all.
We are fun, energetic, supportive staff who are invested in our students and in each other. This is a part-time position of 20-25 hours a week, but has the potential to develop into a full-time role for the right person.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Our Customer Care Champions must be able to work in an environment that can be loud and filled with the squeals and laughter of young children up to our fun and calm Adult clients. Customer Care Champions are able to infect people with calm while assisting in the problem-solving process or managing the normal chaos of a dance studio lobby. Our Champions are team players who can work collaboratively with the leadership team of the studio, communicate effectively, and manage stressful situations with kindness, empathy, and love.
- We are looking for a clever, creative, tech-savvy, smart-working, sales driven and detail-oriented star to join our team as one of our Customer Care Champions. You’ll already be excellent and passionate about delivering outstanding customer service as well as being excited to work on administrative tasks. You’ll have outstanding attention to detail and a strong drive to provide an out of this world customer experience each and every time.
The Day To Day – What You’ll Be Doing Exactly
- Established and nurtures a fun, creative, safe, and welcoming environment.
- Follows and supports all processes and procedures for the studio.
- Using our Studio Success software to tag leads and manage inquiries.
- Answers phone/voicemails/texts received timely during shift.
- Responding to customer emails and other business/personal emails as directed by our Member Success Director.
- You must be at least an 8 out of 10 when it comes to loving and understanding technology.
- Provides clear and consistent communication with staff.
- Develops and fosters customer relationships through professional, courteous, and efficient service for all basic customer experience requests.
- Manages our lobby area providing a warm welcome to all guests who enter.
- Responses to customer and faculty inquiries within 24hrs with professionalism and excellence.
- Resolves and assists with customer inquiries and concerns within 12-24 hours
- Leads in providing the pre-class and after-class consult for trial class attendees
- Manages the décor and appearance of our lobby/welcome area and makes recommendations for enhancements and improvements to the Customer Care Manager and CEO.
- Take the extra mile to engage customers.
Organization & Administration
- Checking and adding tasks in Asana.
- Creating and managing documents in G-Suite (Google).
- Creating documents and/or spreadsheets.
- Creating reports, forms, templates etc.
- Completes the Customer Daily Log for each shift accurately
- Online research.
- Posts and add/remove members in our Band app.
- Invoicing and Expense Management.
- Conducts trial class consultations
- Manages and completes all work tasks through software/systems including, but not limited to, Asana, Slack, and Dance Studio Pro as well as, files and documents related to job duties both physically and digitally.
Experience with the following software a plus:
- Active Campaign
- Google Apps (Drive, Gmail, Calendar etc)
- Band app
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Self-Motivated and Excellent Direction-Taker: You know how to prioritize the most important tasks (at times with minimal guidance), and how to think on your feet. At the same time, you pride yourself in your ability to take direction and deliver the desired result.
- Excellent Communication Skills: You understand the nuances of email communication, and can handle even the most challenging situations with professionalism and warmth. You’re also committed to keeping your supervisor “in the know” about your progress. (No one has to ever chase you down!)
- Excellent Grammar and Punctuation: You pride yourself on catching every typo!
- Deadline-Obsessed and Detail-Oriented: You love doing tasks on time, and checking them off your checklist! In fact, you are one of those people who don’t understand how some people can be so disorganized and tardy. Responding to emails with a sense of urgency and care is a source of pride.
- Personal Responsibility: If you make a mistake, you take 100% responsibility and fast action to remedy the situation. Able to communicate with Manager and/or co-workers when needing assistance with a task to meet a deadline or due to being overwhelmed or stuck.
- Customer Empathy: Imagining yourself in a customer’s shoes, you respond with empathy and have an ability to not take grumpy or terse emails personally. You see yourself as a bridge between company needs and customer needs. You know when it’s appropriate to be friendly and accommodating and when to be firm.
- Some knowledge of dance is preferred, but not required.
- Flexible scheduling
- Direct Deposit-Payroll
- Family/life balance
- Family community
- Major holidays off
- Substitute Pay (Time and half)
- Administrative Pay (Varies based on experience)
- Opportunities to hold additional positions within the studio on other teams
- Paid professional development and teacher certification opportunities
Think you or someone you know might be the right fit?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org let us know why you think Crossroads would be the perfect place for you. Attach a current resume to your email and send with the subject line Customer Care Application
About Crossroads Irish Dance
Crossroads Irish Dance is one of the leading Irish dance institutions in Richmond, VA. Established in 2001, we have committed ourselves to provide quality and age-appropriate instruction in a fun, upbeat, welcoming environment that is encouraging for all. No matter what class or level you’re in, our dance family and the team are a super dedicated, passionate, and supportive group of people. We create an atmosphere that sets dancers up for success as they discover their own Crossroads journey. We aim to encourage a widespread love of dance, welcoming children and adults who want to be a part of our family.