Pure Barre is looking for dynamic, confident individuals with a passion for fitness and/or wellness and learning to join our team in Potomac, MD. An appreciation for Pure Barre and prior knowledge of the technique is preferred. Must have taken at least 50 Pure Barre classes to apply (if not Pure Barre, must have taken 50 classes of a comparable barre technique: Barre3, Bar Method, FlyBarre, Physique 57). A background in dance, cheerleading, or fitness is helpful. Experience leading group classes — whether fitness or otherwise— is a plus. If you’re a good fit for the job, you are friendly, reliable, highly skilled at multitasking, have excellent communication skills, and are genuine and passionate about helping others and being kind.
Candidates will be considered for available opportunities at all levels – instructors and client experience team/sales/studio support.
- Plans to have ability to work in Potomac, MD for the foreseeable future (no set relocation in the next 12 months)
- Daytime availability
- Passionate about people, fitness, wellness, learning and helping others
- A connector – willing and able to strike up a conversation with anyone and everyone
- Skilled at building rapport with clients through outstanding customer service
- Proficiency in the English language, ability to articulate/enunciate clearly via microphone (and from behind a mask for the time being)
- Confidence to energetically command a room of 20 people (though will be teaching to far fewer clients per current capacity and distancing requirements as of 2021)
- Active lifestyle – already living a health-centered life
- Ability to express enthusiasm and warmth to clients, engage in an outgoing and professional manner
- Dependable and punctual with a strong work ethic – willingness to go above and beyond
- Musicality – ability to keep rhythm and count to the beat of the music
- Ability to memorize large amounts of information (incl. choreography), receive and apply feedback
- Background in fitness, dance or barre concept preferable (not required); theater experience helpful
- Ability to lift hand weights, demonstrate full body push-ups and maintain high energy for 50-minute class (and for the time being in 2021, to do so while wearing a mask)
- Detail-oriented with strong communication skills, can work within a team
- Capable of performing the Pure Barre technique correctly
- Willingness and ability to think and act quickly in fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise empathy, humility and engage in a way that is others-centric
- Mental stamina, persistence and resilience, ability to self-evaluate and receive constructive feedback (and encouragement!)
*Proof of completed Covid-19 vaccination is required.*
- Availability to teach a minimum of 4-6 classes per week (ideally more), including daytime (between 8 AM – 4:00 PM) and, preferably, at least two weekend classes per month. Evening class times may be available as well. Option to teach more classes/week may be offered upon successful onboarding and initial month(s) as a Pure Barre instructor.
- Preparation before each class (incl. planning, study of choreography, and practice as needed)
- Learn full choreography changes on a quarterly basis
- Assist with keeping the studio tidy (minimal) and comply as needed with all Covid-19 safety protocols in-studio
- Enhance clients’ in-class experience with hands-on adjustments and personalized modifications and encouragement
- Practice discretion, maintain client privacy at all times, protect confidential technique and brand information
- Willingness to take classes at the studio regularly
All candidates must complete a 4-day training remotely (prior to/after pandemic, this occurs/will be at one of our corporate training centers), as well as significant ‘at home’ study and preparation for certification before being eligible to teach Pure Barre classes and receiving official offer for hire. Details provided upon interview.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Competitive per-class base rate
- Free unlimited membership to Pure Barre Potomac
- Opportunity for growth including further teacher training, sales and management positions
- Merchandise discount at in-studio retail boutique
- Group fitness – 1 year (preferable, but not required)
- Customer service – 1 year (preferable, but not required)
- Pure Barre classes taken – 50 (if most other qualifications are met, we can discuss facilitating the opportunity for you to take additional classes with the intent of attending teacher training)
Job Type: Part-time
Rate: $25.00 to $30.00/class
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications.
Clients and staff wear masks and maintain social distance. Will be moving towards no mask requirement in class for fully-vaccinated guests in late May 2021. We clean and disinfect surfaces (incl. class equip.) and wash hands often. CASPR air purification/surface disinfection unit (casprgroup.com) installed.
About Pure Barre
Pure Barre is the largest, most established barre fitness concept in the nation with over 500 studios in the US. Our classes target and challenge the entire body utilizing a ballet barre along with specialized equipment to work muscles to fatigue – effectively strengthening the core, lifting the seat, burning fat and sculpting long, lean muscle tone. Pure Barre has exploded in popularity in recent years due to the extremely effective technique, friendly, high-energy atmosphere and fun, motivating classes choreographed to the beat of the music. It’s more than just a workout; our studios are a hub of active community engagement, offering a variety of classes, workshops and wellness events. We share a sense of community at Pure Barre, one in which we’re inspired and empowered by one another’s fitness goals and encouragement in a clean, happy, judgement-free space.