Under the supervision of the Youth & Family Director, Dance Instructor will provide guided instruction in the area of Tumbling, Jazz, Tap, and Ballet dance to kids ages 3 to 17 years. Comfort teaching fitness, sports, or Zumba classes a plus. This position requires you to have experience teaching and leading children and the ability to develop lesson plans that are progressive and cohesive. In addition to individual class instruction it is also necessary to be able to lead class participants in performances or recitals for the parents, members and occasionally community. It is also necessary for the instructor to be able to identify possible parent committee members through parent interaction. Above all it is important for the instructor to foster a positive class environment that is safe and fun.
· Create lesson plans that are interactive, safe and age appropriate.
· Organize instructional space and clean instructional area after class.
· Preplan class sessions, communicate supply needs to supervisor and stay within budget allowance.
· Be able to identify hazardous or at risk situations and report them to supervisor.
· Maintain a professional image and work harmoniously with staff and members.
· Attend meetings and participate in branch-wide programs for special events, etc.
· Create opportunities and get members involved as co-producers of their Y experience
· Serve as a staff liaison for our annual support campaign.
· Help members become educated on the philanthropic work of the Y
This position requires someone with a special desire and ability to reach out to the community. The YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles encourages you to join our team as we build strong kids, strong families and strong communities!
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Salary: $11-16 per hour or DOE; part-time, non-exempt position