Job Title: Dance Instructor
Job Category: Performing Arts/Education
Location: Auburn, Alabama
Travel Required: Minimum
Level/Salary Range: Based upon previous experience.
Position Type: Part-Time or Full-Time Available
Company Website: www.VariationsAuburn.com
Date posted: December 29, 2019
Applications Accepted By: E-mailing Info@VariationsStudio.com
Interested and qualified individuals must submit a cover letter, resume, and two professional references to be considered for this position.
Role and Responsibilities
Leadership position for dance education organization. Position oversees class objectives, special projects, and events; Program director is an active and critical member of the management team for organizational development and community involvement. In addition, the Program Director will teach classes as appropriate with training and experience. This position requires leadership and manages the organization in absence of the Executive Director.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Attained Bachelor’s Degree.
· Demonstrated leadership and management experience with an arts program or organization; experience managing or developing artistic program.
· Experience and education in dance and/or early education preferred.
· Experience supervising staff and volunteers.
· Experience teaching youth and children required; Dance teaching experience preferred.
Various dance teaching styles available. Please include dance styles of teaching preference.
Able to thrive in a strong collaborative and creative environment.
Demonstrate experience managing multiple projects with attention to detail while focusing on overall program goals.
Excellent communication skills to cultivate relationships with staff, board, students, community partners, and program supporters.