MUSICAL THEATRE / JAZZ DANCE TEACHER
The Woodland Opera House (WOH) is currently seeking talented and proactive individuals for our growing education program as a Musical Theatre / Jazz Dance Teacher. This position is part-time and is needed to fill specific needs in our upcoming 2023-24 Dance Schedule. Our themed Musical Theatre Dance Workshops are 9 weeks long and culminate in two performances. Our jazz classes currently run September through May.
Who you are:
- A reliable self-starter who has a background in teaching multiple styles and levels of dance. Our current needs are for Jazz and Musical Theatre Dance teachers, as well as those comfortable teaching a variety of styles to young age groups (5 to 7 years, 7 to 10 years, teens, etc.)
- Someone with experience creating an age and skill appropriate dance curriculum.
- A professional in the arts looking to pass on their experience and talents to a new generation of performers.
- A solid communicator.
- Someone who is comfortable talking with both staff and parents.
- Someone who possesses excellent initiative and drive for the arts who can create opportunities for themselves and our program.
- Either a degree in musical theatre/dance OR complementary academic and professional training.
- Ideally 5+ years teaching or choreography experience, especially with elementary, middle, and high school aged students. Professional experience in theatre (as a performer or choreographer) is highly desirable.
- Availability in after-school and evening hours. We have specific needs for a variety of days/hours throughout the week.
- Ability to pass a standard background check and live scan.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to commit for the entire academic year: September through May.
We offer compensation in 3 tiers ranging from $17-40 an hour based on related experience and education. Employees will also move through the tiers as they gain experience or education.
If interested, please email your letter of interest, resume, and choreography reel to Education Director, Andrea St. Clair, via: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Woodland Opera House
The Woodland Opera House Theatre and Dance Annex’s Youth Dance Program consists of classes held weekly every academic year, September through May. Classes serve dancers starting at 3 years old in a variety of styles, disciplines, and skill levels. Registration is open through December, when regular classes will close to enable rehearsals for our Spring Showcase. More classes may open depending on interest and availability of instructors, so please continue to check our calendar regularly.