Variations Dance Studio seeks a Ballet Director for the upcoming season to oversee students (Ages 3-Adult). As the Variations Artistic Director, the candidate will report to the Executive Director with responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Providing the overall artistic vision for the Variations Youth company, emphasizing classical ballet technique and principles.
• Producing 2-3 annual productions including “The Nutcracker”
• Serving as choreographer and/or hiring and supervising choreographers for productions.
• Coordinating and securing performance locations, and hiring and supervising designers, artisans and production staff; supervising volunteer efforts with the volunteer coordinator.
• Developing and providing fiscally responsible management of the Studio’s budget in cooperation with the Executive Directors
• Determining and executing marketing and fundraising activities in cooperation with the Executive of Directors.
• Actively seeking out partnerships and performance opportunities with other area and regional arts organizations.
• Positively representing Variations to the public, including media appearances.
• Serving as the primary teacher for a dance program (ages 3 – adult) that provides outreach and primarily ballet educational experiences to students.
• Recruiting, training, and evaluating instructors.
• Recruiting and evaluating students, and other associated duties as appropriate.
• Planning and developing quality classical ballet/modern/jazz/lyrical curriculum to meet the needs of the students and teach students at a variety of levels.
• Assisting with the vision for marketing the program in order to increase enrollment.
• Managing and nurturing the artistic development of students, to include master classes and intensives.
To apply for this position please contact us at Info@VariationsStudio.com. Please plan on submitting a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 letters of recommendation to Info@VariationsStudio.com and indicate your experience teaching and age levels involved.
Variations Dance Studio is an equal employment opportunity employer.