– Extensive Dance Training
– Prior teaching experience
– Excellent classroom management skills
– College degree or professional dance experience
– Strong choreographic skills
– Highly self-motivated
– Emphasis on teaching strong Jazz technique
– Excellent leadership skill
– Willing/Able to offer guidance to students on College/Professional Auditions
– Applicants must submit a video of choreography and/or in-class instruction. Applicants who choose to submit a choreography video must also submit a personal video introducing yourself and detailing why you would be a good fit for the position.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
– Open to feedback
– You know how to think on your feet
– You pride yourself on your ability to take direction and deliver the desired result
– Excellent communicator
– Detail Fanatic!
– Personal responsibility – if you make a mistake, you take 100% responsibility and fast action to remedy the situation
– Customer Empathy – You have an ability to imagine yourself in the customer’s shoes. You respond with empathy.
– You believe in a nurturing classroom environment and not one built on intimidation and fear.
– Birmingham’s largest studio operating in the Hoover/Birmingham area for 17 years
– State-of-the-art facility built in 2019
– Potential for relocation expense stipend
– Health Insurance Option
– Dental Insurance Option
– $40-$55/hour dependent on experience
– Supportive, positive studio culture
– Professional development opportunities
– Potential for advancement to full-time position
– Additional teaching hours available for anyone with experience in Ballet, Tap, Hip Hop, Contemporary, Acrobatics/Tumbling and/or Musical Theater
The Pointe Dance Arts, metro-Birmingham’s largest studio, is seeking an Intermediate and Advanced/Pre-professional level Jazz instructor for the 2022-2023 dance year (potential for Summer 2022 teaching hours).
The Pointe’s students have a history of excelling in Jazz, but we’re ready to take our students to another level. Applicants should be highly self-motivated, innovative and eager.
This is a part-time position with potential to grow into full-time teaching and leadership roles.
Dance teacher must have strong choreographic skills and excel at teaching Jazz technique in particular.
To apply, please submit your resume and video to email@example.com and use the subject “I’m Your Next Jazz Instructor.”