The Artistic Director develops and implements the artistic vision of Studio 8100 with the goal of developing versatile dancers in a fun, supportive environment. Part-time, exempt position.
- Overall residing expert on the studio’s dance instruction.
- Provides dance instruction in the areas of his/her expertise.
- Responsible for hiring and scheduling dance instructors with support of the Dance Assist Board of Directors (“Board”).
- Works with dance instructors to assure the best level of training possible; keeps program fresh and diversified.
- Provides strategic direction for engaging visiting dancers to enhance core instruction through weekend and/or summer intensives and camps.
- Directs the annual spring performance in cooperation with other studio instructors and/or outside choreographers.
- Responsible for casting, costumes, set design and music selections.
- Works with venue lighting specialists and sound technicians.
- Coordinates with the Board and/or parent volunteers to secure ticketing, photography and videography.
- Selects competition dancers and coordinates competition numbers.
- Provides artistic oversight for the competition program.
- Recommends choreographers to competition dancers.
- Attend weekend competitions as needed (estimated to be 3-4 per year).
Special Events/Fundraising/Board Related
- Consult with the Board to support the Board’s fundraising efforts/events in support of the financial sustainability of the studio.
- Attends and reports at Board meetings.