Smoky River Dance Society is committed to the art of dance. We are seeking an energetic, creative knowledgeable instructor that is able to offer a variety of disciples for kids ages 3-18. For example, Acro, Jazz, Ballet, Contemporary and Lyrical. Our mission is to provide an affordable dance school with a family atmosphere and to allow each dancer to experience the elements of dance; confidence, coordination, rhythm, self-esteem, technique, and an appreciation for music and dance. Smoky River Dance Society will provide each of our approximately 50 students with a positive personal dance experience.
The dance teacher is responsible for leading dance classes for individual and groups of kids. Their duties are to teach various dancing techniques like ballet, acro, jazz, contemporary etc. The teachers will give lessons to children by demonstrating dances before the class, in order to effectively teach students new moves.
Dance Teacher will perform many of the following tasks:
• Monitoring student´s performance.
• Planning activities.
• Instructing students in studio
• Making suggestions to students.
• Adapting teaching methods to meet student´s needs.
• Having business skills.
• Being able to control groups of pupils.
• Having good sense of quality music.
• Being able to motivate others.
• Having an understanding of health and safety.
• Being patient.
• Having good communication skills.
• Being physically fit.
• Having dedication and passion for dancing.
• Being able to work with people of all ages.
Applicants are not required to having a dance degree, but an extensive background in this area is mandatory.