Under the direction of the President and Lead Facilitator with latitude for independence, the selected candidate must be able to instruct youth from ages 5 – 19 years old. The selected candidate must be able to encourage and motivate youth to achieve their goals through engaging, encouraging, and motivating them. The selected instructor must be able to create a joyful and creative atmosphere.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare dance lesson plans and develop dance curriculums.
· Communicate with fellow dance instructors and students.
· Examine student progress and provide suggestions for improvement.
· Teach from beginning to advanced levels using a variety of dance genres and approaches.
· Teach choreograph routines and choose music for recitals, performances, and competitions.
· Provide one-on-one assistance to struggling students by instructing them, correcting their approaches, and providing feedback.
· Provide historical and cultural references to help students understand the background of each dance genre they are learning.
· Maintain your knowledge of your discipline and make any necessary revisions to the dance routines and curriculum.
· Attend performances, competitions, and recitals to show support for your students.
· Ensure company attire is always worn when representing the organization.
· Ability to travel to dance locations.
· Participate in company workshops and training.
· Perform other duties as required.
About New Wave Dance Youth and Community Development, Inc.
New Wave Dance Youth and Community Development, Inc.'s mission is to mentor children and young adults by developing them to be strong individuals. Our goal is to provide them the skills to overcome the current obstacles they face in their lives through the art of dance.