The Napa Valley Ballet, a 501(c)3 nonprofit arts organization, is looking for a ballet Ballet Master/Mistress. Must be experienced teaching all levels of dance; be confident in teaching all abilities. The ideal canidate will bring a strong sense of technique and fun to our classes.
This position requires light office and computer skills, interaction with parents and guardians, and some public relations. NVB is looking for someone who is reliable, friendly and positive, as well as being committed to teaching proper technique.
The focus of our program is to train students for performance and/or related careers in dance, and to give all students the experience of appreciating dance as an art form.
The Ballet Master/Mistress is responsible for coordinating the development and delivery of all ballet division programming. This is a teaching position as well as a company leadership role.
The following responsibilities are the key job requirements of the Ballet Master/Mistress:
- Teach company class
- Staging ballets
- Scheduling and casting as required
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Business development Skills and Qualifications
- Past experience as an accomplished professional dancer in wide-ranging repertoire is essential
- Experience in teaching professional, classically-trained dancers
- Experience in rehearsing classical, neo-classical, and contemporary repertoire
- Experience in choreography during creation
- Experience in teaching classes to dancers of all ages
- Extremely positive attitude and inspiring presence
- Understanding of, and experience of working with non-profit community organization
- Sound interpersonal and team building skills
- Knowledge of dance history
- Sound basic computer skills (Microsoft suite of programs)
- English required, additional languages an asset
About Napa Valley Ballet Academy
Napa Valley Ballet is dedicated to enriching the youth of our community by providing a quality classical ballet school for those seeking an education in dance. We are committed to maintaining high standards of technical training, fostering the love for ballet as an art form, and promoting individual growth, respect, and personal discipline. The quality of our program is designed for both the serious student seeking a career in dance or teaching as well as for the student who wants the benefits of ballet training that will last a lifetime.
Napa Valley Ballet was founded by and is operated by our families. We are a 50l (3)c nonprofit organizatio