The successful candidate will be someone with the ambition, vision and experience to help us continue to establish our reputation as a high quality provider of Performing Arts within China and will be given considerable responsibility for shaping the courses and public performances we offer.
* Fluent in English Language
* Energy and drive and feel comfortable with an open palette to paint on
* Deliver high quality courses and professional at all times
* Have a keen interest in Music, Dance, Drama and Musical Theatre
* A love of Dance and feel confident and excited about designing and coordinating courses
* The skills to work with students in the 3-18 age range and with adult students
* Excellent working knowledge of a range of Dance styles
* Excellent level of spoken English
* Excellent organizational skills and communication with with parents and children in the 3 – 18 age range
* Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and have experience of working under pressure with a positive attitude within a new organization
* Flexibility to work with outside organisations and deliver Dance programmes in satellite venues
* Skills to be able to teach either the RAD or ISTD dance examinations
* The qualifications to be registered to teach either the RAD or ISTD examinations
* Participate and support the iStage Academy appraisal system
* Excellent levels of Time Management and adhere to any daily operation times of the ISA
* An understanding to be flexible on hours and days of work as the company develops
* Teach and motivate students in the 3-18 age range
* Develop and teach adult courses
* Be able to teach either the RAD or ISTD dance examinations to an exceptional level
* Excellent working knowledge and ability to teach popular and classic dance styles such as Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Modern Dance etc.
* Advise and liaise on the development of the Dance program
* Enter and manage students for external Dance examinations with the admin staff
* Help co-ordinate alongside Music and Drama, performances for Dance at key points in the year
* Help promote a range of outstanding performance opportunities for the Academy in the 3-18 age range
* Take responsibility for supervision of Dance performance facilities and ensure a lively, safe and vibrant working environment
* Assist in managing Dance related resources and materials
* Advise and assist with the publicity and promotion of the Academy
* Help co-ordinate and deliver satellite courses were appropriate in outside venues
* Ad hoc work assigned by the line manager
Skill and Experience Required:
* Bachelor’s degree or above in Dance or equivalent
* At lease two year relevant teaching experience
* The skills to work with students in young age group
In return for your passion and energy at the Academy, we will provide:
· Full China work Visa sponsorship
· Basic salary, additional remuneration and housing allowance
· Performance related bonus and contract completion bonus
· 5 work days per week, paid 15 days annual leave plus all Chinese national holidays
· Return flight per contract
· Medical insurance
· Staff training and career development by working along with our talented performing arts team
· Flexibility to adapt/create the curriculum and lesson plan based on actual requirement of each class
· Airport pick up, hotel arrangement, apartment searching and other relocation support will be provided.
You will also have the opportunity to live in and work in one of China’s most vibrant and dynamic cities and help shape the future, direction and reputation of the iStage Academy as we develop.
All interviews to be conducted by FaceTime before and after the closing date – early applications are to be encouraged. Applicants who meet the requirements and are excited and enthusiastic about working with us are welcome to apply. Please submit a CV with recent digital photograph along with a short letter of application outlining your experience and the qualities and ideas you can bring to the post along with two contacts for references. As this post involves contact with children and young adults, a police check will be undertaken before any formal contract of offer is made.
Please send all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About iStage Academy
The iStage Academy is an independent, international bilingual Performing Arts company in Shanghai. The Academy offers high quality courses and examinations in Music, Drama and Dance to students aged 3-18 and adults. Our mission is to provide students with a meaningful, well-rounded educational experience that includes a strong emphasis on the Performing Arts and a deep commitment to academic excellence.
Since it opened the door in April 2016, it has been developing on a fast pace. It has become a well known name among Shanghai bilingual and international schools. In June 2016, British council visited iStage. In November 2016, iStage was rewarded as the winner of 2016 entrepreneur in Shanghai.