InnerRhythms Dance Centre, in Truckee, CA, is currently seeking part-time instructors for classes in Hip Hop/Breakin’, Jazz, Contemporary, and Tap beginning in September, 2015. Prior teaching experience required. Individuals must be passionate and positive role models, who are open and excited to collaborate with the dynamic professional staff of IRDC, as well as the greater Truckee/Tahoe community. Classes run from early September through the end of June. Summer opportunities exist as well.
Job Duties Include:
• Prepare and implement high quality dance class instruction addressing proper technique, basic history/culture of the form, and safe alignment and use of the body
• Create a positive, age appropriate learning environment
• Maintain an appropriate progression of technical skills as the year progresses in each class
• Must be able to manage the student population in a way that maintains a safe, respectful, and productive learning environment
• Make appropriate class recommendations for students enrolled in classes
• Choreograph and prepare students for end of year showcase performance
• Arrange for studio approved substitute instructors when necessary
• Support the IRDC Master Class Series
• Attend quarterly instructor meetings
• Maintain open and courteous communication with students and parents
IRDC is a CA non-profit organization whose mission is to use the power of dance and music to cultivate life skills in our youth, promote global stewardship and create an everlasting passion for the arts. For 13 years InnerRhythms has been an integral part of the Truckee/Tahoe community landscape, collaborating with other non-profits and community organizations to bring high quality dance instruction and performance to our region. We believe in the importance of crafting well rounded dancers and maintain a high standard of professionalism for our teachers and students alike.
Pay ranges from $35-$50, dependent upon experience.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com