Ready to Frog Jump, Ribbon Dance, Bear Walk, Crayon Roll, Cartwheel, Forward Roll, Parachute Play, and More?
Groove Move Kids is growing! We’re looking for energetic, top-notch Instructors to teach our creative movement, dance, and basic gymnastics tumbling program to children in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Our Instructors have a natural passion for teaching, dance, and gymnastics. Ideal candidates are not afraid to groove, move, sing, dance, and be silly with our students. If you have previous dance and/or gymnastics training, experience working with children and/or teaching in a pre-school or school-aged environment, and would be described by others as energetic, patient, flexible, creative, compassionate, an excellent communicator, highly reliable, and FUN… Groove Move Kids may be a perfect opportunity for you!
Instructors currently teach part-time and report to the Founder and CEO. Paid training and co-teaching opportunities are immediate, with the expectation that Instructors will begin to lead their own Groove Move Kids classes in early 2020. Compensation is competitive and is a minimum of $40 per class. Per class compensation is scaled and determined by student registration and retainment success. Most Instructors find they are compensated more than $40 per class.
Standard classes are 45 minutes in length and held on a weekly basis during a minimum of 6-week sessions throughout the year. Typically, classes are held Monday through Friday between the hours of 1:00 pm and 6:00 pm–although there are some exceptions (for example: school-day v. after-school programming, and Fall, Spring, and Summer Camp programming). Groove Move Kids also provides private event services (birthdays, corporate events, community events) which may be scheduled during evenings and weekends.
Please Note: Instructors are “remote”. Reliable personal vehicle is required for traveling to/from Groove Move Kids school locations. Instructors must have the ability to store and transport a modest inventory of equipment (for example: mats, cones, hula hoops, scooters, bean bags, foam balance beam pieces, ribbon wands, etc.). Additionally, Instructors must have a reliable cell phone with bluetooth capabilities (to play music playlists on a portable speaker–provided by Groove Move Kids) and a computer with email access for Groove Move Kids related communication needs.
More About Groove Move Kids
Groove Move Kids was founded in the Fall of 2016 with the goal of encouraging children to explore the simple joys (and benefits!) of grooving and moving. Groove Move Kids provides creative movement, dance, and basic gymnastics tumbling classes to children. During the 2018-2019 School Year, Groove Move Kids partnered with 14 schools in the SF Bay Area and over 1,000 students participated in our program. Our youngest students are age 2 ½ and oldest are currently in 2nd Grade. Most often, classes are held onsite at schools and childcare centers. Learn more by visiting GrooveMoveKids.com and check out our photo and video highlights on Facebook.
Instructors will be responsible for creating and executing a unique weekly class plan in adherence to Groove Move Kids safety and curriculum standards and class structure. Additionally, Instructors are responsible for administrative tasks related to their portfolio of schools/centers and classes that include, but are not limited to: preparation of materials and promotion of trial classes and upcoming sessions; registration, waiver, and attendance tracking and reporting; communications and follow up to school/center leadership and parents; maintaining an inventory of supplies; and handling the storage, maintenance, and cleaning of equipment. Instructors will meet in-person and by phone with the Founder and CEO on a regular basis for sharing of ideas and curriculum creation, coaching/feedback, review of weekly class planning, and to conduct administrative business.
• Minimum age of 18 years
• Dance (or Related) and/or Gymnastics Training (5+ years)
• Prior Experience as a Dance (or Related) and/or Gymnastics Instructor Preferred
• Experience working with children required or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position.
• Must be able to use body to work, move, and carry equipment and supplies. Position requires walking, standing, dancing, jumping, tumbling, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting, seeing, talking, hearing, and the ability to support the body weight of and spot students while tumbling. Instructors must be able to successfully demonstrate dance choreography, stretches/balances and other skills, and basic gymnastics tumbling to students.
• Valid Driver’s License and Proof of Auto Insurance
• Reliable Personal Vehicle for Travel to/from Groove Move Kids Class Locations, Cell Phone and Computer (as shared previously)
Key Candidate Qualities and Traits:
• Exudes Energy and Enthusiasm, and Can Foster these Positive Feelings in Others
• Self-Starter, High Level of Personal Accountability
• Enjoys Working Independently, but also as Part of a Team
• Extremely Reliable—Regular and Predictable Availability
• Works Cooperatively and Productively with Others
• Exceptional Verbal Communication—Ability to Speak with and Command the Attention/Focus of People All Ages with Poise, Voice Control, and Confidence
• Exceptional Written Communication—Conforms to All Rules of Punctuation, Grammar, Diction, and Style
If Candidate is Considered for Position, Additional Requirements
(Expenses to Be Reimbursed by Groove Move Kids Upon Successful Completion of Training):
• Cal Live Scan and Successful Completion of Background Check
• Annual Tuberculosis Test (Completion of Adult Tuberculosis Risk Assessment by Medical Provider)
• Up-to-Date Vaccinations including Influenza (Annually), Tdap (Every 10 Years), and MMR (Proof of Vaccination/Immunity)
• EMSA Certification in Pediatric CPR and First Aid (Renewal Required Every 2 Years)
• EMSA Certification in Pediatric Health and Safety (Preferred)
Groove Move Kids LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in joining the team at Groove Move Kids? We would love to hear from you! Please email a brief Cover Letter, your Resume, and References (2 Professional and 2 Personal) to Chelsea at Hello@GrooveMoveKids.com.
About Groove Move Kids LLC
Groove Move Kids was founded with one purpose—to encourage children to explore the simple joys and benefits of grooving and moving. We are based in Berkeley, CA and are a registered Limited Liability Company (LLC) with the State of California. Groove Move Kids is licensed, bonded, and insured. Our high-energy and developmentally appropriate classes offer children early and broad exposure to creative movement, dance, and basic gymnastics tumbling. By partnering with Groove Move Kids, schools and childcare centers have a fantastic opportunity to enrich their current curriculum with a turnkey value-add program benefiting children and parents. Through Groove Move Kids, parents can introduce their children to creative movement, dance, and basic gymnastics tumbling at a reasonable price. Typically, classes are held onsite during a child’s regular school day so there’s no additional time or scheduling burden on parents.
About Our Founder: Chelsea E.M. Kasai “Ms. Chelsea” put on her first pair of ballet slippers at age 4 and has been grooving and moving ever since. Chelsea grew up in Minnesota teaching her brother’s Sunday school classes at church and helping her mother, also a small business owner, who managed an in-home childcare business and later taught pre-school aged children. After 12+ years working in the non-profit sector on behalf of underdog diseases and underserved communities, Chelsea returns to her lifelong passions of dance and teaching with the founding of Groove Move Kids. Chelsea has 10+ years of gymnastics training and 18+ years of dance training in classical ballet and pointe, tap, jazz, modern, and many other forms of dance. She has provided dance and gymnastics instruction, coaching, and her choreography talents to children and adults of all ages and in various settings, including: studio classes, workshops, competition teams, dance companies, and community organizations. Chelsea is regarded as an extremely creative, enthusiastic, nurturing, and motivational teacher. She has personally performed in numerous productions, competitions, festivals, and parades. Some of her personal performance highlights include Walt Disney World, the New York Giants, and Super Bowl XXVI. Chelsea is a former Miss Teen of Minnesota.