Are you interested in making an impact in young dancers’ lives? Gail Wildfong School of Dance is seeking a passionate and enthusiastic dance instructor to join our studio family of 37 years.
● Choreograph routines and select family friendly/age appropriate music for recitals and competitions for groups and soloists/duets/trios.
● Teach using various dance styles (one or more: modern, lyrical, contemporary, tap, musical theater, hip hop, jazz, ballet or any other styles you may offer,) for beginner through advanced level.
● Prepare lesson plans.
● Communicate well with teachers, parents and students.
● Engage, motivate, and inspire students to reach their goals.
● Evaluate student performance and make positive
recommendations for improvement.
Provide a positive and creative environment.
● Keep up to date in your discipline and be able to implement
changes in routines and curriculum if needed.
● Travel to at least three competitions each spring within the state
of Michigan to support and organize competitive groups, solos,
duets and trios.
● Attend the annual recital each June and help backstage.
● Pick modest and flattering costumes for each of your dances.
● Previous teaching and choreography experience required.
● Energetic, dependable, positive, creative and a leader.
● Training from a reputable studio or college.
Please reply with attached resume addressed to Vreni at firstname.lastname@example.org