Dance Fusion Performing Arts Studio is expanding! We are looking to add passionate dance and acrobatics instructors to join our well established, vibrant dance studio. You will be responsible for teaching and training a dynamic group of students in a range of techniques and dance styles, ensuring that all students are engaged, motivated, and inspired to achieve their goals in their chosen area of dance.
If you love dance and/or acrobatics and enjoy working with people of all ages, we encourage you to apply. Proven experience as a dance instructor in the specific discipline/s of the dance studio is strongly desired.
· Ability to teach using various dance styles and methodologies from beginner to advanced level.
· Develop dance curriculums and prepare lesson plans.
· Ability to communicate with a diverse group of teachers and students.
· Engage, encourage, and motivate students to reach their goals.
· Evaluate student performance and make recommendations for improvement.
· Choreograph routines and select music for recitals and concerts.
· Conduct group and private lessons as required.
· Provide a fun and creative environment.
· Keep up to date in your discipline and implement any changes to the dance routines and curriculum as needed.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Dance or qualification from an accredited college.
· Previous teaching experience required.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Energetic, driven, creative, and dependable.
· Demonstrate patience and leadership skills.
Please send resume, headshot and cover letter to Kristi Dreyer McInerney, Owner/Director of Dance Fusion Performing Arts Studio via email at: email@example.com. Office staff and internship opportunities also available.
About Dance Fusion Performing Arts Studio
Dance Fusion's goal is to provide quality performing arts education while promoting and establishing a positive, friendly, professional environment for students of all ages. We offer a creative, fun and exciting atmosphere for students to train in the performing arts. We believe such an environment is essential for young people to grow into healthy, responsible and productive adults.
We are located at 6330 Farm Bureau Road, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, just west of the Lehigh Valley interchange of the PA Turnpike and Route 22. Our state-of-the-art facility is equipped with 5 state of the art dance studios, including an studio theater for intimate performances, with professional sprung flooring, wall to wall mirrors and full viewing ability into each of the rooms.
Kristi McInerney has owned and operated Dance Fusion Performing Arts Studio since 2007. As a young woman, she had the opportunity to study at the Lehigh Valley Ballet Guild under the instruction of the late Alexi Ramov. Kristi is a 1997 graduate of DeSales University with a Bachelor's Degree in Dance. Prior to owning Dance Fusion, Kristi acquired 14 years of experience in teaching children and adults of all ages and levels in Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, Modern, Lyrical, Creative Movement, and Yoga. She has performed and choreographed for several shows at Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom, for the locally televised Greater Ms. Berks County Scholarship Organization, and for the opening ceremonies of the Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia. Kristi has also choreographed for several local High School Musicals and Lehigh Valley and Berks County area festivals. She was Assistant Director for the Eastern Pennsylvania Ballet Theatre for 6 years where she choreographed and produced several productions of The Nutcracker and quite a few other children's Ballets. Kristi continues to develop her skills as a dancer, choreographer, teacher, and Zumba Fitness Instructor by attending classes, performances, and workshops on a regular basis. She incorporates a positive and fun teaching style, emphasizing self- confidence and performance in her classes.