A rapidly growing dance studio in Richmond, VA is seeking Irish dance instructors. We are seeking candidates who can teach one or more of the following age groups; Preschool, School-Age, and Adults. Crossroads Irish Dance offers an energetic environment with inspiring instruction that gives dancers the opportunity to have fun and develop a love of Irish dance, music, and culture. Our studio values community, professionalism, integrity, empath, creativity, excellence, trust, and fun.
Crossroads Education Team is the driving force behind the learning, development, and leadership of our dancers. Our teachers are empowered to determine the artistic and creative direction for their classes and provide a strong foundation for our dancers.
Classes will begin in August 2022, however, summer classes/camps may also be available. New teachers may start with subbing once they complete our new teacher onboarding and if we have an open spot in our schedule to start a new class candidates may have their own class earlier. We are committed to acclimating our new teachers into our studio and culture so they feel welcome.
Scheduling is based on teacher availability and studio operations. We strive to offer a work/life balance with our teachers as most of our staff go to school and work outside of the studio. We have classes that run early afternoon and evening as well as Saturdays between 9:00a,m-12:00pm. We also offer teachers the option to schedule privates or workshops outside of the studio class schedule should they desire more hours and additional compensation.
Many of our teachers hold dual roles in the studio to be involved and increase their training. So candidates will have opportunities for advancement to move into other roles in the studio if possible in addition to teaching if they desire.
We value relationships, candidates must be able to build relationships among the students, families, and staff. We value collaboration, so candidates must be willing to work with other staff as a team. We value communication, so candidates must have strong communication and organizational skills. We value teachers, so candidates must have a strong understanding of HOW to teach skills- not just how to do the skills. We value teachers who know how to make our dancers shine and feel confident.
- Some Irish dance training is needed (we place teachers in class that best fits their training and experience. We do offer mentorship and training if teachers want to advance)
- Possess a strong desire and commitment to engage, encourage and motivate students to reach their goals.
- Possess a desire to learn and grow with the studio.
- Punctuality and reliability are a must.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct lessons and assess student progress, maintain student discipline, and meet with parents to discuss progress and problem areas.
- Demonstrate the ability to be patient, dependable, enthusiastic, attentive to detail, resourceful, organized, and detail-oriented problem solver, and work with a team as well as, independently.
- Desire to learn and grow with the studio.
- Ability to always present a professional disposition inside and outside the studio.
- Ability to engage, encourage, and motivate students to reach their goals.
- Able to follow well-defined processes and procedures and guidelines including multiple deadlines.
- Have reliable transportation to get to all necessary destinations.
- Flexible scheduling
- Direct Deposit-Payroll
- Family/life balance
- Family community
- Substitute Pay (Time and half)
- Administrative Pay (Varies based on experience)
- Major holidays off
- Paid professional development and certification opportunities
- Teachers can attend workshops hosted by the school
- Teachers receive complimentary tickets to our annual showcase
- Opportunities to hold additional positions within the studio on other teams
- Additional compensation with private lessons, community events, and more
Contact Information- I would to connect and answer any questions
- Amy Habel (CEO/Creative Director)
- (804) 366-3955
About Crossroads Irish Dance
Crossroads Irish Dance is one of the leading Irish dance institutions in Richmond, VA. Established in 2001, we have committed ourselves to providing quality and age-appropriate instruction in a fun, upbeat, welcoming environment that is encouraging for all. No matter what class or level you’re in, our dance family and the team are a super dedicated, passionate, and supportive group of people. We create an atmosphere that sets dancers up for success as they discover their own Crossroads journey. We aim to encourage a widespread love of dance, welcoming children and adults who want to be a part of our family.