Arthur Murray Dance Center Sherman Oaks is expanding our team!
Only apply if you are serious about making dance a career. Plenty of options to move up in the company while dancing!
We are looking for a motivated, fun creative person; someone who lives to share their love of dance and wants to develop a career with a top ballroom studio. Put your dance, musical theater sports or athletic experience towards a meaningful profession.
NOTE: This is a horrible job is you prefer:
2. Anti-social behavior
3. Very limited physical contact
Here is how it will work:
1. Send us your resume and a headshot
2. From there, we bring in the best “people-people” for interviews.
3. For all of those selected we supply training sessions that will challenge their abilities.
4. When ready we transition them into dance instructors.
Prospective teachers must enjoy ongoing dance training, working with all ages, levels and personality types and have the ability to travel.
Through the training program you’ll learn how to dance Tango, Waltz, Salsa, Fox Trot, Swing, Cha Cha and many other dances you’ve seen on TV. Social dancing, emphasizing spontaneous lead and follow, is our initial main focus but show dance/competition style will be added when appropriate.
If chosen to become part of our team, you will be teaching both private and group dance lessons, in all ballroom styles including Latin and Swing as well as participating in our fun practice parties, events and competitions.
This opportunity is once-in-a-lifetime chance to travel the world, master ballroom, develop as an instructor and to be trained by the best in this field.
While prior teaching and dance experience is a plus, we are able to train the right person. You will be in great hands as Arthur Murray has produced hundreds of world champion dancers and teachers.
Please respond with your resume, and time availabilities. Interviews will be scheduled Monday-Friday between 1:45-5:00pm, ASAP!
We look forward to dancing with you!
Additional compensation for relocating may be an option as well if necessary
Skills Needed Include:
• Willingness and openness to continued education, no matter the level of prior experience.
• A genuine love of people and natural ease in communicating ideas.
• Ability to quickly grasp and execute choreography.
• Punctuality, reliability, and ability to work well as a part of a team.
• An infectious, inspiring personality.
Job Type: Full-time
About Arthur Murray Dance Studio of Sherman Oaks
Check out the video below to see what we consider our weekend work!